Oyo State Police Command has assured residents of the state of adequate security of lives and property during and after the planned Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC) procession.
Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC) procession scheduled for Tuesday is in solidarity with the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU)
In a statement by the Oyo state police public relations officer, SP Adewale Osifeso indicates that the police had deployed strategic operational, tactical and intelligence measures to ensure a peaceful outing ahead of the Tuesday 26/07/2022 proposed procession
The statement reads below:
The Oyo State Police Command wishes to inform the general public that it has deployed strategic operational, tactical and intelligence measures to ensure a peaceful outing ahead of the Tuesday 26/07/2022 proposed Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC) procession in solidarity with the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU).
2. Consequent upon the above, the Command’s security architecture has been rejigged to comprehensively cater to all and sundry bearing in mind its statutory mandate of protecting of lives and property of the good people of the State in line with Standard Operational practices hinged on the Constitution and any other relevant laws and statutes.
3. To these effect, the Commissioner of Police, CP Adebowale Williams psc(+) fdc has directed Area Commanders, Divisional Police Officers and all tactical commanders to personally lead confidence building Patrols around the length and breadth of the State to include but not limited to critical infrastructures, media houses, religious centers, recreational centers and other public spaces with a view to maintaining law and order.
4. The Citizens are assured of the Command’s readiness to tackle any threat, existing or emerging during the course of the proposed procession thus ensuring it is not hijacked by unscrupulous and mischievous elements.
5. In the same vein, Parents, Guardians and leaders wielding different degrees of influence are enjoined to advise their Children, wards and proteges against being used to Scuttle the relative tranquility status enjoyed in the State.
6. The good people of the State are enjoined to be unrelenting with providing timely and credible information capable of nipping crime in the bud at all times, please.