NewsArena
Newsarena.ng is an online news media established to disseminate up-to-date and unbiased reportage of issues of public concern, with high level of professionalism, based on truth.

One Dead As Suspected Gang Members Attack Gov. Adeleke’s Convoy In Osogbo

The Osun State Police Command has confirmed the death of a 60-year-old man, Tajudeen Yusuf, who was allegedly shot by suspected hoodlums in Osogbo, the state capital shortly after a confrontation involving a group of suspected gang members and the security team of Nigerian singer, David Adeleke, popularly known as Davido.

In a statement signed by the State Police Public Relations Officer, Abiodun Ojelabi, Yusuf was shot by suspected hoodlums after an earlier incident at the palace of the Ataoja of Osogbo, Oba Jimoh Olanipekun.

According to the statement, Governor Ademola Adeleke, accompanied by his nephew, Davido, had earlier paid a ‘thank you’ visit to the Ataoja at his palace.

The police said that immediately after the visit, one Adebayo Taoreed, allegedly attempted to gain access to Davido but was resisted by members of the singer’s security team.

According to the statement, the ensuing confrontation reportedly attracted other suspected gang members in the vicinity, who temporarily blocked the entrance to the palace and obstructed the movement of the convoy.

Also Read:  Grassroots Devt: Oyo Assembly Committee Organizes Capacity Building For Lagelu Councillors

The police said the convoy eventually left the area safely, while the suspected gang members reportedly departed the vicinity shortly afterwards.

However, the statement said the suspects allegedly shot Yusuf at Itaolokan area of Osogbo, while on their way from the vicinity of the palace.

The police said a patrol team was immediately mobilised to the scene, where Yusuf was found lying in a pool of blood and rushed to the University Teaching Hospital, Osogbo for medical attention but was pronounced dead by doctors on duty.

Also Read:  Sunday Igboho Arrives Nigeria, Urges FG To Remove Name From Wanted List

The police said it had commenced a full-scale investigation into the incident, while efforts had been intensified to identify, apprehend and bring the fleeing suspects to justice.

Folake Oye



...To get more news updates, Join our WhatsApp Group (Click Here) and Telegram Group(Click Here)
Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.