The Nigerian Army has announced the commencement of the 86 Regular Recruits Intake for trades, non-tradesmen and women.
The Army Headquarters made the announcement via a publication on The PUNCH on Monday.
The publication partly reads, “The Nigerian Army wishes to inform the general public and all interested qualified candidates of the commencement of online registration for 86 Regular Recruits Intake for trades/non-tradesmen and women.”
According to the Army, the recruitment starts with an online registration, which commenced on September 25 and is billed to end on October 27, 2023.
It also added that selected candidates would participate in a state recruitment scheduled for the 6th – 19th of November 2023.
In this report, PUNCH Online highlights the step-by-step guide to applying for the Nigerian Army 86 Regular Recruits Intake for trades, non-tradesmen and women.
1. Apply online at the recruitment portal http://recruitment.army.mil.ng
2. Log on to the above-mentioned link using the username and password.
3. Complete the application form, submit it online and print a copy. Then print and complete the Guarantor’s form as appropriate.
4. Ensure you bring duly signed copies of the application and guarantor’s forms to the designated state recruitment centres.
5. The Army Headquarters further announced that applicants must be single and Nigerian citizens by birth, must possess a National Identity Card/NIN, must be free of any criminal conviction by the court of law; must possess at least a minimum of 4 passes in not more than two sittings in WASCE/GCE/NECO/NABTEB, and must be medically, physically and psychologically fit in accordance with Nigerian Army Standards.
6. Also, applicants must not be less than 18 years or more than 22 years for non-trades men/women, while tradesmen/women must not be more than 26 years as of 18 December 2023, those applying as tradesmen/women must also possess Trade Test/City Guild Certificate.
7. Applicants must not be less than 1.68 metres and 1.65 metres tall for male and female candidates respectively, must possess a valid birth certificate/age declaration endorsed by the National Population Commission, Hospital or Local Government Council, and must possess a valid state of origin.
8. Registered Nurses and Midwives not above 30 years old may also apply.