NewsArena
Newsarena.ng is an online news media established to disseminate up-to-date and unbiased reportage of issues of public concern, with high level of professionalism, based on truth.

Generator Fumes Kill Poly Students

Two students of Kogi State Polytechnic, Lokoja have died after inhaling fumes from a power generating set placed close to the window of their apartment overnight.

The state Police Public Relations Officer, SP William Ovye Aya, confirmed this in a telephone interview with our correspondent on Thursday.

Aya disclosed that the deceased were identified as Bilikisu Eleojo, 20 years old, and Ibrahim Haliru.

According to him, the generating set was placed close to the window of the victims, they slept off and died before daybreak.

The lifeless bodies of the duo were reportedly recovered in the room by neighbours in the early hours of Thursday.

“There were three students from Kogi State Polytechnic inside the room. One Bilikisu Tijani Eleojo, 20 years old, Ibrahim Haliru, and Mercy Ojochegbe.

“When they slept inside their room, a generating set was switched on close to the window of their apartment.

“The incident was reported at the ‘B’ Division of the Nigeria Police Force Lokoja and investigation is ongoing.”

He admonished residents always to be safety conscious to avert carbon monoxide poisoning in their homes.

In December, a young man and his girlfriend also died after having reportedly inhaled fumes from a generating set locked inside their apartment overnight in Ugborikoko community, Uvwie Local Government Area of Delta State.

It was gathered that the man had just celebrated his girlfriend’s birthday party together with the lover, at a nightclub.



...To get more news updates, Join our WhatsApp Group (Click Here) and Telegram Group(Click Here)
Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.