NewsArena
Newsarena.ng is an online news media established to disseminate up-to-date and unbiased reportage of issues of public concern, with high level of professionalism, based on truth.

Owo Attack Update: Death Toll Rises, Govt to Provide Land For Mass Burial.

 

The number of victims from Sunday’s terror attack in Owo, Ondo state has risen to 127 while 40 people have been confirmed dead.

This is contained in a statement released by the Ondo state Commissioner for Health, Dr Banji Ajaka, while giving a new casualty figure from the terrorist attack on worshippers at the St. Francis Catholic Church, Owo.

Also Read:  We Won't Bow To Pressure To Pay Money Into Wrong Hands - Makinde To Ex Oyo LG Chairmen

Dr Ajaka said the figure was from Tuesday nights data.

Recall that The Catholic Bishop of Ondo Diocese, Jude Arogundade, had earlier said the church recorded 38 deaths.

Ajaka, in the statement, said, “The situation report as at 12 midnight, on Tuesday 7/6/22 at St. Louis Hospital, Owo, 39 people were involved and 13 deaths (confirmed). At the Federal Medical Centre, Owo, a total number of persons involved is 84 and number of corpses in the FMC mortuary is 25; female, 17, and eight males.”

Also Read:  Poly Ibadan Students' Protest: Oyo Govt Meets Stakeholders, Resolves Matters Arising

He also said two deaths were recorded from two private hospitals in the state.

Meanwhile, the Ondo State Governor, Mr Rotimi Akeredolu, has assured that the state government will provide land in a good environment for the mass burial of the victims.

He gave the assurance while playing host to a team of Catholic Bishops from the South-West led by Archbishop Leke Abegunrin, which was on a condolence visit to the Governor at his residence in Owo

Also Read:  JUST IN: Banks To Accept Old Naira Notes After Deadline


...To get more news updates, Join our WhatsApp Group (Click Here) and Telegram Group(Click Here)
Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.