NewsArena
Newsarena.ng is an online news media established to disseminate up-to-date and unbiased reportage of issues of public concern, with high level of professionalism, based on truth.

Court Remands Disqualified Ekiti APC Gov Aspirant

A Magistrate Court sitting in Ado-Ekiti has remanded disqualified All Progressives Congress (APC) governorship aspirant in Ekiti State, Abimbola Olajumoke, in prison custody for one month over allegations of defamation, cyberbullying and kidnapping.

The case was instituted by the Chief Executive Officer of YSJ Agro-Allied Limited, Yemisi Joluwe.

Chief Magistrate Abayin Adeosun had earlier granted Olajumoke bail but revoked it after she failed to appear in court at the next adjourned sitting. She was subsequently arrested and detained.

The court has adjourned the case until September 15.

Speaking on the case, Joluwe said she approached the court to seek justice over what she described as false statements that damaged her reputation and affected members of her staff.

Also Read:  Oyo Assembly Lawmaker, Waheed Akintayo Lauds Hon. Babajide Gabriel's Commitment To Quality Legislative Process

“At YSJ Farms, we have always welcomed constructive feedback and public scrutiny,” she said. “However, there is a clear distinction between a genuine complaint and a deliberate, malicious attempt to destroy a company’s hard-earned reputation.”

Joluwe alleged that Olajumoke’s statements were “blatantly false” and intended to damage the company’s corporate integrity.

“We have a duty to our investors, our employees and our customers to fiercely protect the YSJ brand from baseless slander,” she said.

She maintained that the lawsuit had not disrupted the company’s operations, saying YSJ Farms remained focused on agriculture, food production and youth empowerment in Ekiti State.

Also Read:  Ibadan Stampede: Sympathisers Seek Ooni’s Ex-queen, Oriyomi Hamzat’s Release

According to her, the case was also intended to reassure the company’s partners and stakeholders.

“Our primary goal is very simple: the complete restoration of the truth,” Joluwe said. “We are seeking a formal retraction, a public apology and appropriate damages for the harm caused to our brand.”

On allegations concerning kidnapping and the murder of a staff member at the farm, Joluwe said security agencies were investigating the matter.

“Security agencies are investigating the alleged involvement of Abimbola Olajumoke in the kidnapping and murder of our staff. We are determined to follow the process to a logical conclusion,” she said.

Joluwe added that the safety of workers and participants remained the company’s top priority, noting that YSJ Farms works with security agencies and the Ekiti State Government to maintain security across its farm clusters.

Also Read:  PHOTOS: Makinde Pays Condolence Visit To Ex-Oyo First Lady, Florence Ajimobi

“Our youths are currently at the farms, working diligently and earning their honest pay, and we are glad that the partnership is yielding positive results for Ekiti youths,” she said.

 

Channels TV



...To get more news updates, Join our WhatsApp Group (Click Here) and Telegram Group(Click Here)
Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.